Bat Weights, Pick Up, Pre-Knocked In & Other Questions.
Bat Weights & Pick Up
* We weigh our bats without stickers and grips. These will typically add 1-2 ozs to the weight but because most of that is the weight of the grip it provides a counter balance to the weight of the bat, which makes the bat feel lighter.
* It's All About The Pick Up! Bat weights are a good start point as to which bat will suit you but don't get hung up on it. Some heavier bats will pick up lighter than those that weigh less. It's all about how the weight is distributed, the balance point on the bat and how it feels in your hands.
* All our bats are pre-knocked in and ready to play with a good cricket ball. We don't advise that you go straight into a net and hit lots of fast bowling machine balls, as these are much harder but you'll be fine with regular bowling, with a decent ball.
* All our bats also come with our trademarked Hammer Edge sheet, which will make the bat's playing surface more resilient.
* That said a little more effort on your part will lengthen the bats life and increase it’s instant performance. Extra work around the edges and to the toe will help. This, followed by some throw downs will not only allow you to get used to your new bat’s balance but also let the willow settle and perform even better.
Does Newbery have a bat size guide?
Yes (in inches) see below:
|LH||34 ¾||15 +|
|SH||33 ½||15 +|
|Size 6||31 ½||11-13|
|Size 5||30 ½||10-12|
|Size 4||29 ½||9-11|
|Size 3||28 ½||8-9|
|Size 2||27 ½||6-7|
Does Newbery offer a bat cleaning/refurbishment service?
Yes, we fulfil bat maintenance service for our own bats and other makes if required. We also recommend that, at the end of a season, your bats should be sent to us and we can repair, clean and service the bats. This helps their lifespan and their performance. It’s also nice to get the bat back looking new for the following season's campaign.